Let’s get to know our Chiropractor Dr. Phil Sammut a little bit more in our Practitioner Spotlight.
Q. What inspired you to become a Chiropractor?
I knew that I wanted to be involved in healthcare. I assumed it was going to be in the research and development side and pursued and education in Biochemistry. It turned out to be more of an eye-opener when I acknowledged that health comes from within and that we need to people to champion that resolve. Becoming a chiropractor has enabled be to learn more about the body and health than I could have possibly imagined – and there is still so much more to learn!
Q. What do you like about working as a Chiropractor?
There are many great things about being a chiropractor but the most gratifying is interacting with people every day with the intent on making their health that much better. Seeing the changes in people’s faces as they get better, stronger and more determined is just fantastic.
Q. Three Fun Facts about you?
1. I grew up with a campground in my backyard – adventure was just footsteps away
2. I lived in South Korea for 9 years – it’s a fascinating country
3. I love playing sports, especially soccer, skiing, and badminton – golf is close behind though!
Q. What are some of your favourite things?
- Favourite Food – Steak season with salt and pepper!
- Vacation spot: Mayan Riviera – Have the best memories there with my family!
- Book: Shogun by James Clavell
- Movie: It’s has to be Shawshank Redemption. It’s just great every time I watch it.